View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Generic Ambien

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
I know.... Another post. I feel awful about all my posts. I just don't know what else to do, where to go etc

I don't have a problem falling asleep at bedtime. It's staying asleep I can't do. After 2-3 hours (4 if I'm really lucky) I'm awakened by the excruciating pain. This means I'm up between 12-1. At this point it's very hard to go back to sleep. If I do, I wake up 20-40 minutes later from the pain. I can usually only fall bsck asleep once. I want a sleeping pill, what have u tried with success? ( just a reminder I'm now on 50mg if nortiptyline so this meds obviously doesn't do anything for sleep. Anybody have side effects?

Also, keep in mind I will try to go off the nortriptiline bc I feel like it's not doing enough. I chickened out about starting GABA on my own but will start it Tuesday after dr guidance.
Named Zolpidem. My pain meds were only covering me until about 8pm so my primary gave this RX to fall asleep. I took it around 11pm and within 20 min I was asleep. Sometimes almost not making it to bed. My pain level was way up by 11pm so sleep was welcome relief. I would still wake up early but I had had 5+ hrs sleep. I feel this is paramount to improving any condition. My primary is a cautious man and even now he still refills the RX. I was on Gaba and Hydrocodone 10-325 but have since stopped both and am currently on Tylenol w/codein. I stopped the Gaba as it did little for me in the way of relieving the burning,zapping, and tenderness. I stopped the hydro as it became illegal for my primary to dispense, the constipation was another reason and over time my large muscle and lumbar pain had diminished. If my Gaba symptoms get to be a higher priority I would try it again. I was at 900mg/d when I quit it and had to admit it was helping a little. Relief differs from person to person. I feel that the sleeping pills now are something that I could quit also but I am currently trying to gain discipline in other aspects of my life. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canagirl (04-19-2015)