View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi.

Hi Sarah.
Send me an Add on to Leesey Salvatore on FB if you like and we can catch up. I have Accessory nerve Injury due to Malpractice and I took it all the way to the Supreme court in Sydney. I was the first successful client to win a case based on this type of injury to the extent it was awarded. I was in similar situation to you, 2 young boys, unrelenting pain. It completely took over my life.
More than happy to talk with you.
Regards
Leese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessmorticia View Post

Hello everyone,
Firstly can I tell you all or excited I am to have found this support group!
I am 39 & live in NSW, Australia.
In October 2012 I had a lymph node biopsy which went horribly wrong. The Dr severed my spinal accessory nerve & I now have all the things you are describing - it is my left side.
Left scapula winging, incredible nerve pain in my head and neck and shoulder, CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome) in my left side, and only 30 degree or less abduction from the left arm.
My pain medication list is enormous & rather ineffective - I am taking lyrica day & night, tramadol morning & night, oxynorm up to 4 times per day, Targin twice a day & paracetamol twice a day.
My mental health is in a bad state and have been referred to a psychologist for help.
I had a repair done surgically in January 2013 which was unsuccessful.
I have since been back to my surgeon in the hope that he could do a nerve/muscle graft, but my injury was right at the branch & is apparently too risky.
I have a lawyer who is currently working hard on my case but I feel as though my whole life has been ruined by this injury.
I have 2 young sons & am a celebrant - my working abilities have reduced dramatically and my financial situation is dire - the medication is costing me more than I'm making and I can't get access to physiotherapy anymore due to the cost - he won't bulk bill me. I was having acupuncture and gentle exercises with him but neither of those things improved my situation much anyway.
Until last night I felt like I was alone in the world having no one to understand the pain and disability I've been left with after what was supposed to be a "routine procedure".
I am really keen to hear from any Australians who have been injured like this to see if I can get some contacts for a second opinion on the surgical front.
Thank you all so much - I'm really sorry you are all going through this as well.
My apologies for taking up so much of this thread I am new and not sure where to post!!
Sarah x x
leeangelau is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cattle Dog (04-25-2015)