View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I take Ambien with fairly good results. But of course there are times, I still wake up in pain, so it's not the cure all.

I mentioned in a different post about trying melatonin, but you should ask or look up about interactions with the nortriptyline. Also keep in mind if you plan to start the Neurontin, then you should not start anything for sleep at the same time (or close to it), as you won't know which is causing side-effects or which is even helping...if you start two things at the same time.

So I would suggest going to the doctor on Tuesday and get instructions for starting the Neurontin and start that first. Since you can fall asleep without a problem, you might not need any sleep medication if you can get a reduction in pain. So try to get pain relief first.

I would also NOT stop the nortriptyline right away. You mentioned that helps with some of the sensory issues, so this in combination of Neurontin helping with the pain, might be the best combination for you. There are MANY people here that take a combo like this.

So talk to your doctor first before making any changes...it's only a couple days....but I know that's like a life-time when you're in pain.

Also keep in mind that Neurontin has to be increased to a therapeutic dose, so you might not get immediate benefits...but you should know if it is going to help with subtle improvements at first.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (04-19-2015)