Thread: Advice request
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 03:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Advice request

Six months ago I saw my MS doctor. I've been his patient for almost ten years now. I had requested the visit, and I was determined to get him to help me in any way he could. It was a really odd appointment. I was describing the worst of my symptoms, and he was simply repeating that there is nothing that can be done for SP MS. I asked him if he couldn’t at least try to treat some of my symptoms.

Interrupting me, he asked me if I like jokes. I was puzzled but I said, “sure.” He proceeded to tell me a few stupid little jokes. (I remember one of them was a “knock-knock” joke) When I kept on trying to bring up my symptoms, he would interrupt me again with another stupid joke. Finally, I just looked at him and said, “I think I see what you are doing here.” His response? “GOOD.”

I had decided that I probably needed a new MS doctor, since this one has seemed to have given up on me. Then, I was shocked last month when I got a letter from his office saying I have another appointment in April. I never made that appointment.

So, what should I do? Cancel the appointment and get a new doctor? Or should I cancel the appointment and not bother with any other MS doctors. Or should I show up for the appointment, look him in the eyes, and ask him why I am in his office at his request.
Kitty (04-21-2015), LoveCats (04-20-2015), SallyC (04-19-2015)