View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey guys,

Ada is there a reason you want off your pain meds??? Just curious, but if none of my business that is ok too.........I totally understand. No hard feelings 'K?? It's just my curiousity gets the better of me sometimes

My doctor wants me to not go off, just lower my doses over the summer. I am so much worse during the fall, winter, & early spring months. I have Fibromyalgia severely also, along with Sjogren's & between those two they raise the RSD pain levels immensely. (BTW,the pain meds I take do absolutely NOTHING for the Fibro or Sjogren's pain, nor do help when I get a nasty atlas headache either. But they do work on the RSD pain in my feet & hands. He told me why once, but I can't remember what he said *lol*) He wants to be able to give more pain relief during those months by raising my morphine & oxycodone doses then. To do so I need to lower my doses during the summer months. Well so far this summer it has been hard to do. I do pretty well during the day, but sometimes by late afternoon or evening I am in immense pain, so I take my BTP meds (oxycodone) & the extra morphine he allows me. I am up more than I was even a year ago during the day, & have had to take over some of the chores my hubby did last summer. He is 10 yrs oilder than I am & he is slowing down & due to his back some things are just harder for him to do. Well everything is just plain HARD for me to do & NO ONE here seems to get that.

I do understand what the doctor is trying to do. And to be honest I agree with him. I am just going to have to let some things go longer before I do them, but then it takes me longer to do them too. Caught between a rock & a hard place here is all it amounts too.

Funny thing about the husband tho , if we go camping for a few days, then there doesn't seem to be anything he can't do. Sorry guys but, well MEN!!!

I know to lower them the pain is going to be rougher. Try getting that thru my husbands head when he wants to go camping & I don't feel like it. He says he will go alone, but he will be out in wildernss territory almost so that scares me. He is less healthy than I am, but can't seem to get thru to him just cause he takes for it all, doesn't mean something can't happen to him. No cell phone signal there at all. For like 3 hours or more there is none when on the road getting or coming from there either.

Anyway, good luck Ada, I dread just lowering my pain meds I would not want to think about getting off of them all together. BTW I am lucky in that they don't cause me to be "high" or "giddy" or "goofy". They just help with the pain
no matter what dose of meds I take. They do make me more sleepy sometimes.

Love ya's,
DebbyV

Last edited by Debby; 06-16-2007 at 11:03 AM. Reason: ahhhh I forgot something????
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote