View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 04:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Exercise to tolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchwitch View Post
Hi all, the worst of all symptoms I'm dealing with is weakness. The pain has been less with gabapentine and cortisone, the twitching is intermittent, but this weakness is driving me insane. I can't stop worrying/obsessing that this is due to MND. I'm not in a logical mindset right now.

So with that said, I have a question. Many of you probably have been told to do certain exercises to help strengthen.

Do you feel even WEAKER after the exercises? Is it logical to feel or be weaker? What about any other symptoms being aggravated by exercises, like pain and twitching? I get a good dose of pain and twitching too, after exercising.

Thanks!
Sorry you are in a worrysome place. I know the need to match DX and symptoms. My Diabetic Amyotrophy came from trauma to lumbar region and I know your trouble is cervical. Mine involved muscle wasting from waist to knees. I've read some of your trouble is left shoulder. I said all of that to say this. I was sent home from Physical Therapy as I was losing ground every day. My Chiropractor explained that exercizing to tolerance is not to gain strength or mass but to call upon nerve fibers that are no longer talking to the muscles. My pace of recovery is IMHO only as fast as the regeneration or remylination of the nerves that command these muscles. I hope that you find a matching DX and don't worry that you may feel or even get weaker. Look at it as keeping the lines open Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
northerngal (04-19-2015), twitchwitch (04-20-2015)