View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 05:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I can relate

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchwitch View Post
Hi all, the worst of all symptoms I'm dealing with is weakness. The pain has been less with gabapentine and cortisone, the twitching is intermittent, but this weakness is driving me insane. I can't stop worrying/obsessing that this is due to MND. I'm not in a logical mindset right now.

So with that said, I have a question. Many of you probably have been told to do certain exercises to help strengthen.

Do you feel even WEAKER after the exercises? Is it logical to feel or be weaker? What about any other symptoms being aggravated by exercises, like pain and twitching? I get a good dose of pain and twitching too, after exercising.

Thanks!
Hey,

I have been following your posts and I experience many of your symptoms. It's likely they are not from the same condition, or could be, IDK. Anyways...I can relate to the weakness in the arm. I have both arms showing weakness, along with tingling, odd falling asleep sensations, radiating, pulsating, and burning pain. etc. As for exercising, phew. Its depressing writing this out, for I am at the wits end dealing with this, but I KNOW exercise triggers my pain and weakness. I cannot even get groceries, which I do not even consider exercise, without my arms and legs giving out on me and putting me in extreme pain that night and on bed rest for a day after. Actually just happened to me this weekend. I have varying degrees of weakness in my extremities, each day is different, but it is there ALL THE TIME. Overuse does trigger scary symptoms, but that is just me. I will go a few days feeling somewhat normal and happy, then boom I try to do "normal" things and my body screams at me. I have my first neuro appt in one week, so I will update you on what I find out, if anything.... I am hoping for some physical therapy to help me with my problem. I have attempted beginner yoga and it didn't go over well, so now I am frighten to do any of my regular exercises Praying for you, and all of us
EmilySH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
twitchwitch (04-20-2015)