View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 11:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

sorry to hear of everybody's misfortunes. I'm 7 months 8 days into my PCS.

I had to beat one of my neurologists to get him to explain to me that MRIs and CT scans dont show anything abnormal in people with PCS. I kept having them tell me after i was diagnosed with PCS that the MRI/CT scans that were done " did not show anything that explained the symptoms i was continuing to have." Well after digging through medical journals through online, doctors have decided that assuring that patient that the symptoms will reside shortly is the best action to take. Which is exactly what they did to me. ER doc: 2-3 weeks, 4 weeks tops. Neurologist: 3 months Different neurologist: 6 months tops. It was till recently that a doctor told me what i had read in several places. Could be a year or more or permanent. Which is a horrible prospect. Pounding headaches and difficulty concentrating for the rest of your life. Id be lying if I said i didnt think about suicide every day. But at this point theres still hope, so i trudge on. The truth is there isnt anything the doctors can do to fix it, and it is a wait game. But theres no way to know how long it can last. It could be permanent. It could stop tomorrow. So try to keep you head up. I dont check this forum as often as i should so, if anyone needs some moral support on wants to share notes email me at owenincville@gmail.com
owen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote