View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 12:48 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Not only are you overwhelmed and stressed, but in all likelihood so are your husband and mother.

I highly recommend finding a therapist that can help you cope with your new reality. --Hopefully you will go into remission, but you'll best be able to care for your health if you feel emotionally supported and stable. Couples therapy might need to be a component as well.

You MIGHT need more help caring for your daughter. Perhaps your mother could watch her for you in order to give you time to focus on your health. Perhaps your hubby could agree to pick up more of the care giving duties. Or maybe, you need to seek help from a local babysitter to augment some of your care giving duties. Maybe it needs to be on a regular schedule or maybe just after certain procedures or flares? (Getting cleaning help even once or twice a month can be a HUGE help.)

While what your hubby did seems insensitive, how did you react when he did it? Did your daughter get upset?

When my pain used to be wildly out of control, I often didn't realize how angry/upset I appeared to my family members. I also used to overreact to things in a way that was unusual for me. When you add up all the issues that can come along with the CRPS: financial issues, no longer being able to work, insurance issues, Work Comp, Social Security, isolation, uncertainty if the condition is temporary or permanent, unrealistic expectations of family and friends, depression, insomnia, etc.--ANYONE would need some guidance on all these potential new areas of stress.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (04-20-2015), Littlepaw (04-20-2015)