View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 09:28 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for the advice!

I am really on the fence about changes I may or may not make, its hard to decide while still in the throws of pcs. Its actually a little bit stressful, which doesn't help.

Currently I (did) work as a Firefighter, so risk of hitting my head is quite high, especially doing blacked out searches and other activities at training, let alone the real thing. I kind of put it all on the line to get this career, and while they're very accommodating with injuries and illness, because they have to be. By the same token, I am maybe blinded by liking my career. I always told myself I would never allow myself to have to go through this again, and if I had to I am sure I would have a much harder time. Big decisions to be made. I will see how its going at the year mark I guess

I am not toleratin working even reduced hours at an office all that well, I thought the recovery was going to be much steadier once I got back to working and that has not been the case. I appreciate the talk, this is life altering to be sure and hearing people on here discuss their cases gives me an opportunity to make a more informed decision.