View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 11:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Hi guys....

How long did gabapentin take to work for you? What dosage did you start at? How quickly did u work your way up? At what dosage did you start to feel relief? How do you know how high to go? I feel like I will just want to keep going higher and higher until I don't feel the pain anymore...but I have a feeling that's not going to happen so how do I know when to stop?
What did/does it feel like? Does it make some pain completely go away or does it just make it die down? Does it help anybody with anxiety? I am hopefully starting this tomorrow and want to know what to expect.

thanks again...
Yes it can help with anxiety and mood issues, but you may benefit from anti-anxiety meds as well. It may help you sleep even at beginning dosages. I would say I started to get relief from the burning and electrical zapping at 3x 300mg. daily. They moved it up to 3x600mg within a couple of months which is the most common dose. I am moving up to an extra 300 mg before bed, but this is after five years at the same dose.
It primarily works on burning pain when it works.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon050715 (04-20-2015), canagirl (04-20-2015), Enna70 (04-20-2015), St George 2013 (04-20-2015), zkrp01 (04-20-2015)