View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 11:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Really good read IMO - thank you - dealing with nueropathy and pain has to be one frustating things

http://more-distractible.org/musings...20to%20chronic

This gives a little perspective on the other side of this painful issue.

and the first response below it really hits home for me - I guess sometimes the cure comes with a large cost

How about figuring out that if Rx drugs are the number 4 cause of death in the US that maybe they aren't as safe as pharma reps and you like to say they are and the sudden onset of crippling issues from a fluoroquinolone antibiotic might really be from an adverse reaction to the antibiotic and not some weird coincidence. How about not being so pig headed to not believe that a drug that has black box warnings for tendon damage and for neuromuscular weakness actually DOES cause systemic tendon damage and neuromuscular weakness - is that too hard a leap for you to make?
My PN is considered Critical Illness Neuropathy. In October 2010 I left for a golf trip not feeling well, woke up in a hospital 21 days later. I was in an induced coma for treatment of Legioneers Disease. First day out of ICU I noticed the pain in my feet and as they say the rest is history.
MikeK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-20-2015), bluesfan (04-20-2015), EnglishDave (04-20-2015), zkrp01 (04-20-2015)