View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 02:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi, sorry if you addressed this already but did they check your Vit D level? It is important for nerve function but frequently low and in need of supplementation.

I would encourage you not to give up on finding something aggravating your condition. Neuritis has to start somewhere. Think back if you started anything new before this began. Or take 10-14 days off of a lot of things and see if you have improvement. I had a saphenous neuritis above my medial knee for an entire year that was driving me nuts, buzzed all the way up the leg and had fasiculations. My doctors all shrugged and probably thought I was crazy. I thought I had spread of CRPS.

Turns out I was causing it on the recumbent bike at the gym. I only figured it out after taking 10 days off of working out and realizing it was gone. I got out my anatomy book and found there is a fascial canal where my problem was. Ends up people often get repetition strain in that area. I Added activities back in one by one till I figured out the problem and voila, no more saphenous neuritis now! Oddly, the regular bike is not a problem, only the recumbent so even seemingly minor changes in routine CAN be a problem. I know they want you to do PT but I am wondering about taking a break and seeing if things calm down any before starting that....

Hope you feel better soon, Sending Healing Love
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
twitchwitch (04-20-2015)