View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 03:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

All I can say is that the beginning is very hard and stressful. I cried everyday for a long time, but I tried to to keep my crying to only a little at the end of the day so it wasn't wrecking me and my family constantly. Try to contain it to a time and place if you can. Breathe deep and tell yourself the crying hour is later. Crying and yelling is exhausting and ramps up a lot of neurochemicals you don't want all the time right now. it also makes our loved ones miserable. I ended being strong for my family because for me it was easier to keep myself in check as a gift to them.

Don't expect yourself to accept this right now. It is early, I wouldn't even worry about that yet. You don't know where you will be in the future. There is still the possibility of healing. Don't catastrophize. Just Work on accepting that you don't know what's happening but are doing everything you can to find out. Put your focus on getting through each day. Heck sometimes I just had to focus on getting through five minutes calmy. Get help with this if you need it.

Some of what helped me at first was a lot of distraction until I was at a place where I had enough info and could start to deal with things. watch a movie, read a mindless novel, play Angry Birds or Chuzzle. Anything to keep your mind from going into OMG mode. I also did a lot of praying, still do, for myself and others, for the world, for the environment. It is a positive activity I can do any time, no matter how bad I feel and it helps. I am praying for you too...right now and every day.

Sending Healing Love, Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon050715 (04-20-2015), beatle (04-21-2015), bluesfan (04-20-2015), canagirl (04-20-2015), St George 2013 (04-20-2015)