View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 04:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi again BreezyRacer
I appreciate the long report - I had read some of your earlier postings but so much stuff on these forums that my fuzzy brain sometimes can't remember what I've read where. I don't have PD - I have auto-immune Addison's Disease (5yrs since diagnosis), plus whatever else is causing my current general deterioration.

I'm investigating the Vit B (and possibly other essential nutrients) and malabsorption connection. That's why the Brazil study interested me. I'm still in early research and like you trying to find out as much as I can before following up with doctors - something they don't seem to appreciate. Following a very dismissive endocrinology appt. yesterday it's time for Plan B (or by now C, D or E!). You mentioned being labeled with a particular disease - I have the label - it only took them 10+ years to figure it out - the problem now is that any other problems get attributed to that label and they won't look any further.

I'm not as well read as you are on the medical research and with abysmal short-term memory struggle to take a lot of it in. It seems to me that a general deterioration with a wide variety of symptoms (physical - neurological) would suggest some form of system wide metabolic (is that the right word?) disorder. Agree?

Yes being labeled as a nut is something I have to be careful to avoid. The Mental Health service in my country is even less resourced than the general health service. Forget getting any adequate treatment. People joke about the easiest way to get Mental Health treatment here is to 'get yourself a P habit (Ice in the US) and go off your rocker' - then you'll get seen to!

Sorry this is about all I can manage for now - would love to rabbit on about innovation and changes to medical systems but then you'd really think I was nuts. thanks for the input - will keep following.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote