View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 01:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Possible drug induced PN - not sure if it's getting better or worse

Hello,

About four weeks ago I started getting burning in my feet. This continued and seem to worsen for eight or nine days before getting better for a couple. My doctor suspected it may be due to the Propafenone that I am taking from my heart.
I took my last dose about eight days ago. For the last two weeks or so I'll have periods where my feet are burning or icy hot. At other times my ankles burn. Sometimes they will be sharp pains followed by a localized burning in that spot for short time afterwards.

Generally I wake up feeling fine it starts sometime in the mid to late afternoon and then gets better in the evening with some occasional issues. Getting home and taking off my socks and shoes really seems to help. There are times when things feel absolutely normal as well. It seems like lately it's been more of a itchy, warm feeling and/or sharp pains rather than the intense burning.

I'm not sure what to make of any of this. I've yet to see a neurologist for any sort of testing. I was prescribed amitriptyline but have yet to start it because I want to monitor my symptoms.
I'm curious what the opinions are. Does it sound like it's getting better or is it the start of things getting worse? Is there anything that I can do to help?

Thanks,

Monty
montos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote