View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 01:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Welcome! What a good man, trawling forums to try and help your honey. Without much detail on her story I will give my standard schpiel of being entirely sure there is no inciting cause that needs to be treated and no nerve injury or entrapment that can't be ameliorated. Nerve entrapment often mimics CRPS and can often result from surgery or injury.

Gentle, consistent activity is important and getting in the pool helps a lot of people. I'm sure with your fiancé' gymnastics background she is all over rehab.

Vit C is helpful for sure and showed good results in prevention in studies. 500mg daily is recommended.

I take a supplement called PeaPure. It is the complex fatty acid palmitoylethanolamide. It works on the glia and decreases mast cell activity, theoretically bringing down neuroinflammation. I have to order it from the Netherlands but it comes pretty quickly. If you just Google PeaPure a site will come up to order. not sure I can post a link for that. The price is shown in Euro, but the exchange is good right now. It is not cheap but has shown good results in Europe for neuropathic pain so I figured it was a good investment. It is commonly used in Germany and Italy for nerve pain.

Keep up the good work and never give up on the potential for healing. Some well regarded experts give statistics of 80% of CRPS sufferers improving over time. Much of what is on the Internet is very doomsday in it's outlook. Ignore it! It is great to have information and to be prepared with a treatment team for whatever comes but don't project the worse onto the future. There are a lot of things to try and no one thing works for everybody. There will be trial and error. Stick with it and keep trying.

Sending Healing Love, Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (04-22-2015)