View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 12:10 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe brush View Post
I contracted Shingles 7/13 which evolved into Post Herpetic Neuralgia , upper branch of Trigeminal Nerve above the eye one side . The Burning , stabbing , stinging , itching was horror , A small Lidoderm Patch enabled me to sleep somewhat along with a cool ( not cold ) water bag situated on the affected areas , more relief . My Dr. Rx'd Lyrica ( NO GOOD FOR ME ) , mood swings , loss of balance , abstract thoughts ( steer clear of that one $$$ too ) I stumbled across the " body's need for WATER " through a random search , nerves , Myelin Sheath , Brain 85% Water all need the daily required amount of WATER . Believe or not after continuous pain daily / nightly / sporadically it has Diminished greatly in just 4 days , no more coffee , sodas etc. strictly the daily required amount of water has HELPED ME A GREAT DEAL , 1 persons opinion , it can't hurt , water that is but DEHYDRATION sure can .

Joe,
Thank you for your input. My sister-in-law came down with shingles about 3 yrs ago. Her pain is over one eye. The doctor is still prescribing Cymbalta once a day and Lyrica twice a day. Hubby went with her to doctor's appointment last Friday asking specifically about decreasing and eliminating those two meds. He said he would reduce Lyrica; but felt when she originally came to see him, she appeared to have some depression. Who wouldn't have some depression with Shingles. Will pass this info on to hubby/sister-in-law.
Thanks again.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote