View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 04:12 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Should i expect anything useful out of an ophthamologist visit on thursday?

I have an appt on april 30th, it took me 2 months to find out it was an eye doctor, but thats not the problem.
On feb 3rd, when i went to the pcp welfare, to complain about sudden onset neuropathy(loss of sensation, vibrations, soft touch) and loss of smell. I did initially complain about some eye issue, more like visual snow, or the particulates in my eye fluids is now more pronounced.
Anyways, that whole appt was a bust, as she basically kept pointing my problems to stress,depression, anxiety,or hypochondria, and genetic problem which she had no basis. So i thought when she finally gave me a specilist to see, it took me to find out it was only an eye doctor, and not a neurologist, or a rheumatologist. The reason why i believe she referred an eye doctor, is because she doesnt really believe i have "neuropathy" because i kept saying symptoms kept coming and going, i probably shoulded saying my pins and needles goes away slightly, but not entirely. All these symptoms i can feel right now.
I dont know how much you have loss of smell, but my smell is so diminished, i can only smell fragent, and strong odors, but i cannot pinpoint the source like i used to, i can smell pungent orders, but it was very difficult to discern the smell from other smells. My right nostril seems to be unable to sense any smell at all. This all happened at the same time my neuropathy started.

I felt like it was like a transient stroke, or some kind of very fast onset like "guillan barre"
Even all these symptoms, she only referred me to an eye doctor, knowing that i wounldnt get an answer, so she is banking on the idea, i go back to her and based on her opinions, that i have mental issues. It seems like an easy way to escape from a complex case. I can sympathesize why some people jump to hard to diagnosis disease like ms,als,lyme,,,etc.

My other neuropathy problems, are fasiculations(twitching), myclonic jerks, with some random joint pains
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-22-2015)