Thread: New and alone
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 07:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Sophierose,

I'm sorry this is so frustrating. I experience upswings of symptoms and find it extremely difficult not to get down. Well, in fact I do get down, and it's hard to get up. So use whatever support you have, including this forum.

Probably you need to back way off and dial down your input until the symptoms recede for a bit. This is what I have to do whenever I completely overdo it. I am on Topamax also - I was before my injuries but an increased dose now - it's helpful but honestly, it's the reduction in stimulation that has the greatest impact. It doesn't mean you have to live in a bubble forever. But you may need to chill for a bit to let your brain recover and then take it back in slowly. Take a few sick days. Stay off the screens. Then, when your symptoms are a little better, just add in the minimum. Gradually, you'll get back to where you were.

I hope this helps a bit. Hang in there. You are not alone!!

Julie

For the 5-10 years prior to that I’ve had what I now realize were possibly 20+ undiagnosed concussions or sub-concussions. Likely most of these result from Duane's Syndrome, for which I now have prism glasses. Have successfully done vestibular therapy and plan to start vision therapy.

Current companions: Significant depression, anxiety, hyperacusis, difficulty with verbal expression (recall & word mixups), mild spacial/vestibular issues. Feelings of disconnect in relationships.
AndromedaJulie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote