View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchwitch View Post
Hi everyone - I really need to ask for your support here. I am in a very bad way and have some questions about your twitching/fasciculuations.

I am having a hard time with my twitches, I keep thinking they are due to MND. I have a diagnosis of plexus neuritis, but it is going to be double checked this week by two different neuros, tomorrow and Friday. I have some questions and would like to see if I am alone. I have had random, widespread twitching for 2 years now, but these twitches in my affected arm are different.
  1. Has anyone else had this fear with their twitching - that it could be due to something even more sinister than neuropathy?
  2. Is twitching a very common symptom of neuropathy, or just somewhat common?
  3. Do you have twitching in one spot, or several spots, that are like "hot spots" - where in that particular spot, the twitching is more constant? I have this area on my forearm that keeps acting up.
  4. Are they constant, meaning non-stop, or do they break/pause, but then start back up again? Mine break/pause.
  5. Do you have weakness with the twitching? I do.
  6. If yes, is the twitching in the weak area or different areas?
  7. Does anything aggravate seem to aggravate the twitching? Mine seem to act up after lots of movement.
  8. Do you have pain in the area of twitching?
  9. Do your twitches stop when using the muscle, or do they just keep going? Mine do both.
Twitchwitch: I know what you are going through - I was in a very similar place several months ago. I did so much research on ALS/MND and BFS that I could probably write a book on it. Go to your doctor appointments this week. Tell them your fears. Then listen to what they tell you. Hopefully they will be able to reassure you that you don't have what you fear.

But ultimately, time may be the only thing that will convince you. I'm sure you have done your research, so you know that MND is almost always relentlessly progressive. So every day, week, month that goes by without your weakness getting worse should ease your worries more and more.

Do your best to stay calm. Spend time with your family and friends - this will help you keep your mind off of the things that trouble you. Remember: Stress and anxiety will make your symptoms worse - especially twitching (the two leading triggers for BFS are stress/anxiety and physical illnesses virus, etc.)
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote