View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 09:44 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunaboy View Post
I've read for some people, such treatment has reversed the PN or made it go into remission. My first neuro recommended Prednisone but after doing more research on the horrible side effects, I passed. But now i'm wondering if I made a mistake and should have taken it when my symptoms were mild. Can immunsuppressants allow the body to heal quicker?
http://www.neuropathy.org/site/DocSe....pdf?docID=944

Hi Tunaboy, hopefully the attached link comes through on this message. Someone kindly sent this to me yesterday. It was really informative ref how some immune mediated neuropathies may be tackled. It is however confusing as many of us don't know the exact type of neuropathy we have and the mechanisms behind it. I don't at this point anyway. So knowing which exact treatment may be best is difficult. Trying to access it may also be a problem. I already have a diagnosed autoimmune condition so I'm convinced my neuropathy is autoimmune. I had one corticosteroid shot a few months ago and it had no impact on my neuropathy. I don't think one corticosteroid shot will cause you problems in terms of side effects so one shot of that may be worth considering? I'm no expert but just wanted you to know that one corticosteroid shot caused me no problems or side effects at all.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-22-2015), canagirl (04-22-2015)