Old 04-22-2015, 10:40 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

[QUOTE=canagirl;1137517]
Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Why are you thinking it's the Nortriptyline? Don't you think the improvement must be related to adding the Gabapentin? What is the current dose of each now?

My dr was sick yesterday and so my appointment was cancelled and scheduled for today. I chickened out on the weekend and didn't want to start the gabapentin without his advice. So I'm not on the gabapentin yet. I decreased nortriptyline to 40 and will go to 30 tonight.

I'm sick of this. I don't know how any of you are still here. I can't open a door without my hands hurting, I can't sit, lie down without my back neck and head hurting immensely ( on top of the regular hurting of every other body part)
Please bear in mind that if you go back to a higher dose of nortiptylene at a later date, you will have to wait for pain relief to build up, at any dose. It took me a couple of months to reach the plateau of pain relief at an increased dose of Nortriptylene. I also take mine in a split dose, and if I miss a dose, I know it. It takes me about a week to get my level of relief back. With EITHER drug, you are going to have to give it time to judge it working for you & if it does work for you it is certainly is NOT a sign that the drug is healing you. It is simply decreasing your pain.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (04-22-2015)