View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Same worries here. My job requires a lot of walking, climbing ladders and stairs, etc. I'm only a few months into this, and my symptoms aren't all that bad overall. But there are days that my feet are screaming and feel like I can't take another step. (I can do the daily activities of life just fine, but the days when I have a lot of walking and climbing at work are getting tough.)

I do have a very good short/long term disability insurance policy through work, so I would be financially OK if I become "disabled". But I'm not sure what threshold they use to determine "disability".

I know in the US, the social security threshold for "disability" is very high, and it would be very difficult for SFN to meet that threshold. But the definition of "disability" within a disability insurance policy is different. (I think mine just says you are disabled if you are unable to perform all the activities required of your job.)

I don't mean to "highjack" Joanna's post, but along with any tips for coping with work in general, please let me know what your experiences may have been regarding if/when you were able to get disability benefits (either through social security, or through a disability insurance policy).
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote