Thread: My poor ears
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 01:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Share your frustration . . .
The ears (or specifically my left ear) was one of the first areas to have problems. The first symptom was numbness around the ear (5 yrs ago) - it felt like I'd had a dental injection in the side of my face. It began while I was in hospital being diagnosed for Addison's Disease (I was in crisis at the time). I also had pain deep inside the ear at the time and I estimate I lost about 20% of hearing in that ear for several months - it eventually came right. Had vertigo a couple of times but not sure if it's connected to PN or other stuff that was going on at the time (the hospital trip above and another post appendectomy)

I had all the tests, hearing, ENT, CT etc. Nothing found except that I now had extra sensitivity to loud noise. (You can spot me at the gym - I'm the one wearing earplugs lol). The numbness continued on and off - sometimes going for months - sometimes only being there for a few days. A couple of months ago it returned with a vengence and with the pain inside. This coincided with a marked increase in my other PN symptoms and a few new ones thrown in.
I've had the hearing nurse check it - no infection, blockages, or wax but don't figure it's worth going through all the other tests again to get the same answer - nothing. Instead I'm focusing on getting an overall diagnosis (PN) and including it with that. As it has receded in the past I'm hoping once whatever is going wrong now finally gets diagnosed and treated then it may improve again.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-22-2015)