Thread: My poor ears
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 01:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
My ears don't burn, but I have wet/warm sensations in my left. Everything rocks and floats when I walk and even sometimes when I sit. My left ear was ringing for months after this came on. My hearing also went haywire for a few days last summer. I had hyperacusis and heard sounds in a higher pitch in my left ear. It was scary. My primary at the time would not make a referral because they thought I had nothing else better to do than make up symptoms. Awesome. I finally saw a neurologist several months later and she tested my eye tracking, found the issue, and made the referral to the ENT immediately. I also have pain on the left side of my face - cheek, around my eye, behind my eye and my eyes burns too. So we definitely have some symptom overlap.

I went through all the ENT work-up and it was pretty disappointing - hearing test, rotary chair, and VNG testing. The problem was I got tested a year after having this issue. Your eyes make compensations that make it more difficult for them to diagnose the problem. I was eventually diagnosed with a central vestibular disorder. I don't think this is correct...I think it's in my peripheral. The testing isn't really that precise in my opinion. The ENT's solution to the problem is usually vestibular rehab and maybe some type of drug. If your issues are autonomic and/or sfn related, then it's going to be really hard to stop that vertigo...and you really have to get to the root cause. Ugh. This is why I'm going to skip the vestibular rehab because it probably not going to help in my case.

It's tough because the Neuro points to the ENT and the ENT points to the Neuro. I'm sorry you are dealing with this and I completely understand how frustrating it is.
Yes there is not point to rehab for this I don't think. Its autonomic and small fiber. Ill update after I see the doc maybe even just for some laughs.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-22-2015), Enna70 (04-22-2015)