Thread: Cmt
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 04:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunaboy View Post
Sorry to hear. How did they come up with that diagnosis? I thought all of your symptoms started right after a dental procedure.
I suspected CMT from the beginning. Neurologists dislike you having an opinion. I have had symptoms since birth. Poverty kept me from getting treated for my feet. I suspect that my great grandmother had CMT. She wore special shoes and walked with a cane. She was unable to stand or walk without her cane. Poverty! Podiatrists and doctors never put 2 and 2 together. My severe neuropathy occurred midlife. I was an active weight lifter for many years. I am sure that helped. The neurologist that I seen this week mentioned CMT, all of my tests point in that direction. There is one final report to come from Mayo. Since there is no cure, he has decided to treat it with meds and physical therapy. That is all you can do. I start physical therapy tomorrow. I am pleading my case to the insurance company, Mayo, and my new neurologist. The testing is very expensive. I cannot work and have little resources at this time. It is what it is. I will work hard to maintain my quality of life. My goal is to be able to drive and return to work! I have 7 months to get there. Pray for me
Coriny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote