Thread: Tarlov cysts
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 06:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Questions about Dr F.

Yes, Dr F will personally reviewed your imaging. When I contacted their office the staff can give you details on the imaging studies Dr F requests to see. They also gave me the option of a (free) phone consult instead of flying in for an office visit.

I am not a doctor but your symptoms sound like they fit the profile including the issues with sexual dysfunction, pain, numbness. Some people also have urinary and fecal incontinence, retention, and control associated with these cysts, but that isn't discussed much openly either, probably due to the private nature. Dr F and his staff went over all of that and more during my initial assessment.

On the point of the quality and types of MRIs, I had several MRIs and the 3 Tesla high resolution MRI with Gadovist contrast agent of the lumbar and sacral spine showed the most. On the imaging Dr F could make out at least five cysts, and thought there could possibly be more. In surgery, it turned out to be 8 cysts, one wrapped around my S5 vertebrae, and a few others that looked like one cyst were actually two.
Tomatogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote