View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 09:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Im here to help

Cathy,

I am so sorry about the pain you are in, I have dealt with cysts before, I would love to talk with you more about this and get you on the right track to get you feeling good again! Feel free to private message me on here

rying to convince my primary care doc that the pain is not in my head, the MRI results show large Tarlov cysts. I'm getting ready to go back to see my doc (who graduated med school about 20yrs ago) and am ready to hear from him the standard reply about Tarlov cysts being asymptomatic and how they couldn't possibly be the cause of my pain.
I've already printed out lots of updated info & studies that will hopefully point out the fact that Tarlov cysts can cause a lot of pain. Even if I can convince him to refer me to a neurosurgeon, I can't seem to find a single reference online to any neurosurgeons in Oregon that has any expertise in this field.
I don't have the resources to fly to Kansas or Dallas to see the doctors who operate on Tarlov cysts, and the original injury that may have caused them to form was a fall at home-so I cannot go the workers comp route.
I'm guessing there may be other people who were once in my shoes and perhaps they can guide me on where I go from here.
While it's great to finally know what is causing my back pain as I read story after story from people sharing that same pain/problems, it's also a double edged sword if I can't get treatment to correct the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially before I return to my primary doctor.
Thanks
Cathy[/QUOTE]
lizmidkiff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote