Thread: Here you are!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 09:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Here you are!

Oh, I've missed you all so much!!!! I've had severe withdrawal for weeks, wondering how everyone is doing! So glad to see familiar faces here!

Em is doing great! SHE CAN SEE! Many, many hours of vision therapy and we finally see improvement in her CVI. I took her to the ped. opthamologist this week and where she was originally dx'd as totally blind in her right eye and only a smidge of periperal vision in the left, she now responds to stimuli in both eyes. Doc said that she is just above legally blind now and far-sighted. He didn't give her glasses yet, but he was really excited for her. Opens up a whole new range of possibilities for her.

She's gained 9 lbs in the last year (she was really underweight), grown 3 inches, and will be getting more Botox next month, new AFOs and a new wheelchair (a Zippie T/S). And hopefully, will start at the state school by November. Oh, and she turned 5 this month. How did that happen? She's had some staring spells that have been concerning, but we're not making any changes yet. We see the neuro next month.

That's all about us. I'm going to go read all the other posts and see who's here.

So happy to see you all again!

Last edited by PaulaScott; 09-22-2006 at 10:14 PM.
PaulaScott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote