View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 06:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I took a bunch of medication until a brilliant doctor found out that I have occipital neuralgia, looks like trigeminal as wee because my face is all messed up.
During this time of trial and error, I had many secondary effects from different meds I tried, looking back, because the insurer ended up denying me to see a psychologists too, I was left by myself and don't think came across this awesome forum.
I can tell you by experience that fear and panic will get you over the edge , been there too, and surely my experience will not be yours, but try to read about positive affirmations, it might help you with your anxiety.

I had burning feeling in my face and it feels sometimes like needles are pinching me, but I know i have occipital neuralgia , that's because I have a pinched nerve caused by an accident, and the nerve is shooting signals constantly.
How do I know this?
cause my brilliant anesthesiologist doctor listened to my complains, and injected me nerve blocks until l we found the area in question. Then he did nerve ablation, and it works too. Sharp pain is mostly gone, I have dull pain that wears me out everyday, but the sharp pain is mostly gone. My eye is sore, and i will have to rest my eyes after i type this...

this is very nerve wrecking, debilitating, and still painful, so my life is almost a wreck, but at least I know what i have. I am not a doctor, but I heard that some people with other nerve injuries also have similar symptoms you describe, some of which I might be familiar with.

About your meds secondary effects: Some medications are awesome. I took topiramate and it decreased immediately the amount of burning feeling I had in my face. With that said, other medications did not provide relief and I never took them again because I was feeling weird with some with crazy thoughts. Reading about positive affirmations helped me and still helps me to cope with life.
QantumPowa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-23-2015), Darlene (04-24-2015), Enna70 (04-26-2015)