View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 01:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=en bloc;1137681]If it works, is he actually considering keeping you on Codeine until this resolves (which may be years)?? That's really unusual to start with a narcotic and to go with more likely drugs that will help, second. Not sure how much he Rx'd for you, but large or frequent doses of Tylenol are horrible for your liver.

At least you will know if narcotics will help, though. but I wouldn't stay with that if it helps...you should still try other options first.[/QUOTE

He prescribed me 40 pills and wants me to try taking them 3 times a day for 5days. I'm not sure what his plan his... He said if that doesn't work we can try Gabapentin. I took the Tylenol last night cus I needed pain relief, I had a bit less pain but not enough to keep on it for an extended period of time. I'll take it for the 5 days until I can back in to see him and say "ok, I tried it. Not working, so PLEASE advise me on Gabapentin. He also gave me a compounded cream to put on the acupuncture sites, and that actually worked and gave me the most pain relief (compared to nortriptyline, and Tylenol 3). However, I have already used up half of the tiny container it came in so.....
Sometimes he lets it slip that he feels that this is anxiety b/c by mri, emg, and bloodwork are normal. Other times times he says it definitely sounds like neuropathy...So who knows. Just have to wait for the skin biopsy on may 20.
canagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote