Thread: Feeling down
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I'm glad you're feeling a little better now. I know how it feels to be alone. I don't have any parents or sisters or brothers and since my divorce years ago I've been so busy concentrating on my children that I haven't been able to get out there and make new friends in a new place. I actually enjoy being alone as I'm not a person who gets lonely, but as I'm getting older, I realize that there just isn't anyone "there" for me when I need them. For me all this is sort of usual or natural as it's always been this way for me, but it would be very difficult to have had such a close knit family and suddenly since your Mother's death for all of that to have changed. I've seen that happen in families before. I think someone needs to make the effort to have scheduled gatherings, but that's just my thought. I have my children of course, but they live in their own heads most of the time and don't tend to think outside of that to worry that someone else might be alright or not. As curious said, maybe your sister is just used to you being the one to call her and hasn't even thought that she should be the one calling you. I don't know why people are like that but they are. Some people can "see" and think in a way that includes others and some people can't "see" so they don't think about others.

OK now I'm waffling on a bit. Just wanted to send my best wishes and hope you're feeling stronger.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote