View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Not sure if I might have suggested Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) to you already?
I would really check it out to better understand , if it may fit or not, posture , body work may be able to help if if may be heading towards TOS or even chronic myofascial pain..
Many things you mention sound very familiar.
ring/pinky sx
could the rib pain be the muscles in between the ribs? intercoastals/spasms?

Often shoulder injuries can mimic or be in conjunction with TOS- complicates the dx ing.. Many MDs are not fully knowledgeable about TOS and may ignore or dismiss it.

Have you had any advanced PT or expert chiropractic?
Has anyone checked for spasms & trigger points?

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread125577.html
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread84.html

What kind of work do you do or hobbies/sports, any previous accidents/whiplash etc?
Yes, TOC has been mentioned. I didn't think it fit me because there are no colorations, but I will ask the neuro tomorrow.

Saying spasms scares the he** out if me! At least I have not noticed anything spasming or cramping. Wouldn't I know if that was happening? I just went to change after work and noticed I couldn't press on my ribs. Both sides. Very sensitive.

I sit at a desk all day. Computer work. No hobbies right now with this (supposed) neuritis in my arm. Just light exercises for my arm/shoulder (left side only). Only PT I have is every other day for light shoulder massage and gentle neck traction.
- Apr 2015 - L. Shoulder/Arm Neuralgic Amyotrophy/Plexus Neuritis

twitchwitch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote