View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:57 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

After reading this thread, I really do think some antiviral for a while may help. In the old days we had a poster on our old forum at another location, who had terrible rib pain...but no rash.
I suggested to her, and gave her links back then (over a decade now), to demand an antiviral, and she finally got Famvir then, and her pain dissipated with time with that treatment.

Today it would most likely be Valtrex. So the herpes virus can be a real trouble maker, hard to diagnose without blood work (titres may help the doctor decide), and since they are only taught minimal symptoms for herpes they don't understand the other less common presentations. I had a weird shingles down my right arm. Looked and behaved like shingles but in the wrong place etc.--an unusual presentation. But my blood work for the antibodies was sky high so the diagnosis was clear.

Lidoderm (lidocaine) also is a good treatment, so once you know you have those elevated titres, you could get the patches and wear them along the spine where those ganglia reside.

At this point it is worth a try... you've had this long enough, IMO.

Also for now, start taking 2 -3 grams of l-lysine daily in divided doses. This can put the herpes virus into a dormant state. (herpes uses arginine from the diet to replicate--and lysine blocks this activity).

There is another virus that can cause confusing symptoms...it is called Parvo 19 virus and can be tested for. You might want to suggest this also to your doctors.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (04-23-2015), twitchwitch (04-23-2015)