View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 06:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is something you can try yourself, albeit not entirely safely.

Back in 2012 moondaughter started a thread on "DIY easy high dose anti-oxidant therapy"

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...light=liposome

Her post pointed to a video showing how you could make liposomes (basically nano sized globules of fat surrounding an active ingredient) of Vitamin C.

I carried out an experiment (Post 6 in the thread) to determine whether this process could work for dopamine (which ordinarily cannot cross the BBB). I detected a small improvement in my tap-test results. Unfortunately, I didn't have a source of pure dopamine, and had to rely on extracting the dopamine from banana skin. With so many uncertainties the outcome was unclear.

If anyone knows how to get pure dopamine, I'd be interested to know. This would allow me to repeat the experiment in a more controlled manner. I'd also appreciate any advice on how to measure the size of the liposomes produced. Does anyone have an electron microscope in their garage? (Not such a far fetched fantasy: the great advances made in technology mean that all types of previously state of the art equipment become cheap.)

Other possible candidates for the liposomal route include levodopa and apomorphine.

John
johnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote