View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 09:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused Hashimoto's...Do I have it?

My first post. Here goes...hope someone can help.

Was feeling depressed, weak and unmotivated and at the same time overly anxious so I took my wife's advise and scheduled an appointment with my Wife's DO. She naturally attacked my diet and suggested that I do an "Elimination Diet" to see what my "triggers" were. I'm working on that.

Everything on the internet and every book I've read says not to trust your doctor when it comes to thyroid numbers...

TSH 4.75
T4, free 1.1
T3, free 2.9

Thyroglobulin antibody (TgAb) 177
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody (TPOAb) 26

So everything I've read says if antibodies are present I have an auto immune disease called Hashimotos, which I have many symptoms of. My doc says my numbers are way to low and I can take care of this with the proper diet. I'm off gluten, coffee and sugar. So who's right? Do I have Hashimotos?

I should also mention that I had a neurotransmitter test and my cortisol is very high and my serotonin and dopamine are very low so I've been taking Neuroscience products called Calm CP, TravaCor and Kavinase. I'm feeling worse on these, no doubt. Dizzy, brain fog, confusion. Need to quit these.

I'd really appreciate an opinion on this because I don't know who to believe and I'm tired of feeling like hell.

Thanks.
spongepolka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote