View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 02:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivionrpg View Post
For me it travels all around. Any limb at any time. Right now my abs are twitching and there is slight weakness in my right tigh. But my weakness is just perceived. No keys dropping or trouble standing up or anything like that.
What I have noticed with my hands is that the big nerve (ulnar?) under the biceps hurts when I extend/strain the hand and put palm perpendicular to the arm (like Neo stopping the bullets if you know what I mean ). Also I had a few hour long pain inside my elbow. I think it must be connected to the nerve system but the EMG was perfectly fine according to the doctor.
Worst is that nobody takes me seriously any more. My GF says not to think about it, that I am hypochondriac, but it is kind of hard. But you know how it is....
Yep same here.

Moves around and EMG was fine.

My wife was supportive but through that and the depression I know she got tired of hearing about it.

I ended up starting a body journal about what I did and ate, exercised plus documented any issues throughout the day.

It was somewhat therapeutic documenting what was going on, for finding patterns and helped with Dr Office visits.

Outside of my wife people knew I was unwell because I lost weight (depression) and withdrew from social interactions but I didn't share it with any friends and family.

I did see a counselor which helped talk through some of it.

Anyway you sound like you went through the same thing I did.

Keep your chin up, I am convinced you will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertakewl View Post
The dr wanted to retest for ms again, but I think she is waiting for the lady that did the emg to send the letter to her . She didn't find any neuropathy when doing the emg. But i no that small fiber neuropathy doesn't usally show on an emg and somtimes it takes 3
Years or more to figure it all out from what I read about other people expeirance. The emg lady wants to do an mri on my neck but that only does the top half of the body. Not sure why not the rest of the back. My timgling is everywhere and that comes and goes at times

I find myself getting better somedayz but then other days. I'm back to square
One. The twitxhing and jerking is still around. Somdays I don't have many symtoms and feel good.

Do you notice your symtoms are the same or do you get new ones,? And do you still have the twitxhing and jerking?!
No I got new ones in the first 4-6 months.

Literally was wondering what else was going to happen on a daily basis.

I again would recommend staying away from an MRI with contrast.

Wgphat I have learned through this is to stay away from pills, vaccines and Drs unless necessary.

From what you are saying you don't sound like MS at all.

I was worried about MS at the beginning too but my Neuro told me I don't have it when she did an EMG and physical exam. She said an MRI would be a waste at that point.

Even though she thought I was a hypochondriac which helped me dismiss what she was saying I am convinced she nailed that on the head.

My fear of MS has faded to almost nill the more I read about symptoms and how it presents itself.

Unilaterally, one area and normally with balance and/or vision issues on the first flare.

Hang in there! Remember what I said before... Measure your progress in years and months and not days.

Last edited by ATX_Man; 04-24-2015 at 03:07 PM.
ATX_Man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote