Old 04-25-2015, 09:46 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Melody,
I really admire all you have done to educate yourself in so many areas. Alan is very fortunate to have a very "special" wife/friend. I'm sure it goes both ways.

Gerry
Oh, please allow me to thank you and inform you that it does NOT go both ways. It's all about him. Because he had the foot ulcer for 7 years, I was told to NOT LET HIM GET ON THAT FOOT. So I had to do it all. I did it all. He got used to it. I mean if a doctor tells you that this man can not place his foot on the floor until the ulcer heals and by the time we got crow boots, special made shoes and orthotics, until we got the RIGHT custom molded shoes and orthotics, I was doing everything. When the time came for him to be doing what he should be doing, forget it.

Am I complaining? sure, who wouldn't but it is what it is. I have practically saved his life numerous times but who cares. I'm a wife and that is what I do. But last night was the turning point and after what happened I told him, "the next time someone asks about you I am going to tell the truth".

I wanted to watch Bruce Jenner on 20/20. I usually watch stuff on my computer. It would not come up. I turned to him and said "I'd like to watch 20/20" Bruce Jenner is on. Was that too much to ask? I don't think so. He said 'I'll tape it for you". I said "I would really like to watch it and I don't think it's too much to ask after all I have done for you going back and forth to emergency rooms, hospitals, nursing homes, cleaning you up, blah blah. I even sat by his bed side in a chair not getting any sleep. One would think a husband would appreciate this.

He looked at me and said "But I have missed all my tv shoes and I'm catching up". I looked at him and said "Okay, if that's how you feel but believe me every dog has his day".

So I realized what I'm dealing with, he's not going to change, I'm not going to color it anymore. He should have turned the tv over to me immediately and said "After all you have done for me, it's yours". He will never do this, I know this and I'll just deal with it.

But now I make time for ME. That's it. Of course I will go on all his appointments because he can't do them by himself but honestly, I feel differently. I might sound like a bitc* but right now that's how I feel.

Sorry to vent but it's been a heck of an April for me. I'm tired.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-26-2015)