Thread: Rytary?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 10:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How much Sinemet before Rytary, Hallucinations?

Hi,
My wife has PD over 12 years now, she is 66. She needs at least 1100 mg of Sinemet over 24 hrs. Her hallucinations have become so bad (people trying to hurt her) over the past year that we can not care for her at home. She has gone into two assisted living programs over the past 50 days. They have both asked her to leave because she is too difficult to care for and she can be disruptive. She was in the hospital (911) over the past 9 days in a geriatric/psych unit. They didn't do much for her and it was a waste of time. She should have been in a neuro unit with doc's who treat PD. She has been home for four days now and, between trying to help her when she's off and the hallucinations that terrify her, she is very difficult to care for. She is scheduled to go into a psych/assisted living facility this Monday. Most of the the residents are men with psych problems. Wife is very afraid of this. It is difficult finding a place where they help PD residents. We hope this will be temporary.
Her neurologist said she would try Rytary on my wife in a controlled setting. Neuro won't go above 1000 mg Sinemet and is trying different psych pills. Not working.
Has anyone taking Rytary now been dealing with hallucinations or psych issues before or after Rytary? How much "Sinemet" were you taking before as well? My wife is going thru hell with this disease. I feel her only hope now is to be evaluated for ECT at a well known psych hospital in Metro Boston. I have brought up ECT elsewhere on this PD Forum.
ashleyk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote