View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 08:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Even as dark as everything seems right now DON'T give up on healing. I would never tell you what you are going through isn't hard but I will tell you there is still hope. Your nervous system is in overdrive now and might not always be. Did you start the gabapentin? That will help calm things but it will need time and possible dose increases. I don't know if you would lose so many small fibers so quickly but I do know an overstimulated nervouse system can wreck all kinds of havoc.

I went through an overload period after my initial nerve injury and remember well the misery, pain, buzzing, twitching, stinging and anxiety. There were many times I felt like giving up and could not see a future for myself. What a stupid waste that would've been. I look back on those days and thank God for giving me the strength not to give in because I am better than I was at the beginning and I am better enough that it is livable. It took time and more patience than I wanted to give but that paid off. My son and I laugh together daily, deep side splitting laughs I could not have envisioned a year ago. His well-being is what I held onto during the storm when I could only look ahead in five minute increments.

Find what it is that you can hold onto and HOLD FAST! It is worth it. You are worth it.

I am sending extra Healing Love, Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canagirl (04-27-2015), EmilySH (04-25-2015)