View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 11:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey canagirl....I'm the 'no small fibers left' lady :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
What happens when all ur small fibers are gone? Somebody on here has said their fibers are all gone in their feet. What does that mean for u ? No feeling, can u walk? I'm scared if mine is all over that I will soon be completly disabled by this time next year ( I'm progressing rapidly). Can this happen? What is the outcome for most neuropathy sufferers? Honestly. There's no way I'm healing from this so i need to know what to expect. I need to know what to prepare for
First.......take a deep breath and slowly read what I've written to you. Maybe more than once so you can let the words soak in ok ?

Are you using both the meds as your dr instructed you to ? Just want to make sure. I know you said when you go back he will discuss putting you on gabapentin. As a previous poster said, please make sure he writes down exactly how and when to take your gabapentin. I was so upset when I started it I would not have remembered how he told me to take it if it was not written down.

As for my biopsy, I mentioned that I have no A or C Fibers left in my feet so therefore I have no nerves to regenerate. That leaves me with just pain to deal with. I can walk but the more I walk the more I'm going to hurt. I don't drive unless I absolutely have to because the vibration of the car sets my feet and hands off. I ride in the backseat with my feet up on a pillow to lessen the vibrations as much as possible.

Nerves take a very long time to heal. Once you start the gabapentin and some stronger pain relief I hope you can see a difference.

The skin punch biopsy will help to determine exactly where you are. I only know of 2 or 3 people on here like me that actually have no fibers left. So your odds of having nerve fibers left and having them regenerate over time is very good.

You say there is no way you are healing from this but you don't know that. You have to give the meds a chance to work. It's not instant.

My symptoms came on suddenly but I know why.......being pre-diabetic and having 6 rounds of chemo (taxol-carbo). It started almost exactly 1 month after chemo ended. I could barely walk due to the pain and was in tears constantly.

I'm sitting here writing this to you right now and I want to scream because the whole outside of my left foot is in severe pain all the way up to my knee. My right hand keeps going numb to the point it hurts and my whole body aches.

You CAN get through this. You are stronger than you think. Reach deep down and find your inner warrior and fight this thing. You are on the right track now that you have seen your dr and it seems as if he's going to work on this with you.

We're right here for you and with you in this.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bulldawg95 (01-24-2016), canagirl (04-26-2015), EmilySH (04-25-2015), Hopeless (06-15-2015), KnowNothingJon (04-26-2015), Susanne C. (04-26-2015)