View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 05:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Horse hockey!!! I have a neuropathy in my feet/lower legs and MG. My neuropathy was from my B12 deficiency not being diagnosed soon enough and not treated adequately right away.

Do doctors think patients are only alloted one condition or disease? I wish.

Read this for the symptoms, causes, testing, diagnosis, and treatment of neuropathy. A regular EMG is not necessarily sensitive enough for MG or a neuropathy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3086960/

Mestinon, just like caffeine, would affect an EMG.

You can find more information on the peripheral neuropathy forum here.

And if you have a neuropathy, it's important to figure out the cause of it!!! Have you had your B12 checked? If so, what is the actual number?

A neuropathy is not fun to live with. Walking a lot, bad shoes, and some foods like the MSG in tomatoes can make it worse.

I really hope you can find someone to take all of this seriously. Maybe a primary doctor is a good start, instead of going back to neurology.

Annie

Hi Annie,

Edited to add:

Annie, I see you have posted you are trying to avoid a crisis. I sure hope you have been able to do that.

As for my questions here, don't rush to answer. YOU come first.

I have been searching for posts about PN and MG.
I have just been dx'd with PN.

Any advice?
(See my topic started today, April 26, 2015)

Have had blood work done; now just getting checked for B12.
I took B12 innoculations many years ago; had a couple of MG crises; new internal med doc; he said didn't need to check B12.
Hmmmm......

I had been taking B12 on my own; after I had a bad reaction to a flu shot a couple of years ago. Mentioned to my internal med doc; he said no need to take it.

Thanks
SoftTalker

Last edited by SoftTalker; 04-26-2015 at 11:25 PM.
SoftTalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
juliejayne (04-27-2015)