View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 07:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Possible CRPS and the fight against pain.

Hello all,

In 2007 I had ulnar entrapment surgery of the left elbow. The surgery was successful in that the numbness and tingling in my fingers resolved, within 2 weeks after surgery pain began to build in this arm around the surgery site, the forearm and the hand. Along with this came tingling and then pain in my right foot, sometimes in all limbs but mostly the left arm where I had surgery and the right foot. Pain got so bad to where it became difficult to function, walk, etc. My surgeon said he had no idea and sent me on my way.

So now I started a quest to find why I had hellish pain in these limbs, along with pins and needles, skin color changes, skin mottling and temperature changes.

One doctor said it was Lyme disease and I ended up on antibiotics for 2 plus years. I was also diagnosed with MGUS which is a blood cell disorder which can cause neuropathic pain as well.

But after all these fruitless searches, it seems like CRPS to me.

So hear I am off and on taking opiates for chronic pain
I have read that CRPS and related pain is the highest on the chronic pain scale and I believe it, since the pain has left me crying at times, curled up in a ball, and at times feeling I could black out.

Opiates have done the best for my pain but I hate the side effects. Strenuous exercise also helps along with very hot water, but not always. None of these help when I am working at my desk or trying to sleep, so only opiates have helped give me a life back. I am not trying a natural plant called Kratom which is helping some.

Does anyone have advice on where to get a diagnosis of CRPS and treatment? I hear there are specific IV treatments that can help. I hate living on pain pills, but right now I have not found an alternative. I have tried every alternative you can imagine. My weight is good, diet is great, I am a health nut, tried Asian medicine, massage, you name it.

Looking for thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks,
Rich
guitarguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-25-2015), eva5667faliure (12-11-2015), spiritscript (04-28-2015)