View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 12:35 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
To be honest i think he has Aspergers. Oir son took off 12 years aho, put us through hell with addictions to onlime gaming and gambling
Nothing we did had any effect. He eventually said " mom,you were great parents, this has nothing to do with you, but i havent seen you in so long you are no longer a priority of mine." Let me tell you, his actions after that well lets just say i got professional help and put up walls. My son then said All i need is to go on SSI and ill be taken care of" he got a diagnosis of Narcissistic
personality disorder but later on ONE doctor said You have aspergers"' makes sense now. If this is going to continue i will put up more walls and do what needs to be done but thats it. I am supposed to arrange for p/t and have a therapist come to the house. I am at the point that if the phone rings and the p/t person is on the phone, i am tempted to hand him the phone and walk into another room. Yes, i think i will do just that.

Melody

P.s. sorry to go off topic. Will not do it again

Melody,

I think you probably spoiled Alan from the very beginning. Maybe this last hospital stay really was extremely difficult and feels like the "last straw";( you know the one that broke the camel's back).

Hopefully you and Alan can work something out where he takes a little more responsibility; like your idea about handing him the phone when the p/t person calls. It's a start !!!!

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (04-27-2015)