Thread: Recovery
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 08:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Recovery

I have wanted to post this for a while, and I thought today is the day to share a small triumph with everyone. As most of the forum knows, I had a bodywide SF neuropathy most likely due to a monophasic autoimmune illness. Aside from the pain aspect, and all it entails, I had very frightening autonomic issues.

I had fleeting autonomic instability such as agoraphobia, palpitations,shakes,malaise,fatigue,elevated BP,anxiety, and so forth. All of this stuff was much worse than the pain from the PN, as I felt like my life was completely out of my control.

I just wanted to say that I have had alot of improvement in this area, and haven't had a panic attack in along time now. My BP is also under control, and I am feeling alot better. Better than I have felt in 2 years. I don't know if the continuous improvement in my overall health is linked to continuous recovery in my autonomic system.

The 2 things that I have been doing different are the following;

I have had about 6 vists to the osteopath and he has eleviated alot of pressure in my neck from a bulging disc. This has helped the headcahes and flushing.

I also read Mrs. D's thread on the benefits of thiamin and I began taking 200 mg every morning.

Since the osteopath and the thiamin, I have noticed the greatest reduction in autonomic instability, and overall improvement to my health.

So I thought I would share this with the forum,as it is a small step, but has given me back "quality of life", which is something that has eluded me for so loooong!

Last edited by Aussie99; 06-16-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote