View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 03:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I also have year round allergies and I'm allergic to allergy medication , but I've found that mucinex works well, even just plain ol' robatussin (the straight guifenisen syrup) as well as warm showers or a steaming cup of tea/coffee/hot toddy .... I think it was Vicks that put out shower tabs that you simply dropped in the bottom of the tub while showering, those were awesome but I can't find them anymore.

What I use in lieu of the tabs is about a 1/4 cup of the dr. Teals bath salts in eucalyptus and menthol. Just placing them in a shallow dish on the fringe of the water spray is enough to work the vapors up to the sinuses. And I'm always spraying my house down with eucalyptus oil mixed in water (about an 10 drops to 32 oz of water) not only does it help with the sinuses but kills fleas, repels ticks and other buggies too. I recently discovered it makes a bang up furniture polish as well.

For outdoor allergies they make little nose filters that help some... Not quite as advertised, but better than nothing and not as noticeable as the face masks. They feel really weird and obnoxious the first few times wearing them, but after a while they become more tolerable.
Kitty (04-28-2015), SallyC (04-27-2015)