View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Smile Tethered Spinal Cord

Hi everyone. I am new here and still trying to find my way around and how to post. I have Tethered Cord Syndrome and I am 49 years old. I had my last surgery in 2008 to detether my spine. I have been experiencing new and severe symptoms in the last six months. I have always had so much pain, but it is unbearable now in every single position. I also have numbness that comes and goes in my legs, feet, arms and hands. In the last month I have started to have facial numbness with it even traveling to my scalp off and on. I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon in a week. I don't know how all of you do it. I have always been a pretty optimistic person, but I am now so depressed and anxious. I am having trouble with gaining even the motivation to see this doctor. I'm in a new state so of course I have never seen him before. It always feels like I am having to explain my condition to doctors over and over. I can't handle the pain at this point and really have no quality of life. I am a wreck about what I fear may be very limited options. I suppose I will either be a candidate for another surgery or be referred for pain management. Even in this much pain, I am worried about being labeled as a "drug seeker" as well. I keep reading about that happening to people. Nothing could be further than the truth though. Medication barely takes the edge off what's happening now. I just really want to get back a little bit of my life. I want to live to see my grandchildren one day, and hopefully interact with them. I do pray...but I have to wonder....is this it ? Is it going to ever get better or just be a desperate attempt to minimize daily/24 hour pain and immobilization for the rest of my life ? Thanks for listening. I am sorry to vent so much.
aliestgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-28-2015), Lara (04-29-2015)