View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 03:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Question. My doc said to stay with the nortriptyline and add gabapentin (gave me dosage and schedule). however, I take the nortriptyline right when I climb into bed. Can I take gabapentin at the same time? Or should I space them apart like gabapentin at 8pm and nortriptyline at 9pm?
Canagirl, I really dont know if any problems taking gabapentin at the same time as your other medication but I dont take the nortriptyline. The most important thing I was told was ref spacing out the gabapentin at regular intervals. I was taking it all over the place so when I quickly got up to 2700mg (which I did quickly due to severity of pain) I was taking 300mg capsules randomly all over the place. No one told me until I saw the GP a few weeks later that I had to take 900mg (3 capsules) first thing, then the next 900mg (3 capsules) at lunchtime, then the next 900mg (3 capsules) around bed time (I do 9pm). As long as there is no more than 12 hours between my night time dose and morning dose I feel it works best for me.

That might not answer your question directly but I just cant believe how little info I was given about spacing out doses. One day I took no meds ever, a week later Im taking 9 capsules of gabapentin and 2 naproxen a day with the occasional tramadol.

A little medicine box may help. I always forgot I had just taken my gabapentin and sometimes took the dose again because I had forgotten and was a bit spaced out from the side effects. That wore off by the way.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canagirl (04-27-2015)