View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 06:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecap View Post
Kiwi33, Sue and Annie,

I want to thank you for your replies and help.

I don't really have much additional information at this time but I did call the Dr. office and talked with his assistant. I'm not real impressed with there responses to my questions but I suppose I shouldn't have expected much.

When I asked about finding out what caused the B-12 deficiency all they said was that there are many different things that cause this and the reason why really doesn't matter.

As too the breathing test, they said they tested to see how much air I was exhaling and taking in but so far have not given me the results and said this was all that needed to be done.

As to the MG test results, they said they did a musk test and this came back negative for MG. the result I mentioned earlier of 13 was the Modulating result, no other information was given.

I asked to get a copy of my medical records however i have to sign a release form and there location is 130 or so miles away so this will have to be done later.

I have another question though? when I was in his office he mentioned that the results were negative for MG but that there was still a chance that i could have "negative MG" any idea what this is?

Any additional thoughts or information would definitely be appreciated.
As far as the modulating results anything 20 and under is considered negative, HOWEVER that doesn't mean that you don't have MG and if the tests are sent to Mayo it even states that. I think he was talking about seronegative MG which is possible. I'd see about seeing another neurologist for a second opinion! Good luck!
rockenmama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote